Persante Continuing Care is a Joint Commission accredited provider of medical equipment, specializing in the management of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). We build relationships with our patients with a focus on long term compliance and we are dedicated to providing the highest quality services to the patients we serve. Persante Continuing Care also accepts most major insurances for patients who want and need to utilize Persante’s medical equipment.
Our highly qualified team provides 24-hour patient support and offers a wide variety of sleep therapy equipment and service solutions including a comprehensive patient compliance program to assure successful clinical outcomes.
Persante Continuing Care expands PAP therapy products and compliance services to your existing sleep medicine service line.
Our services allows for smooth patient transition from diagnostics to therapy.
We provide the following services to our hospital, physicians and patient partners in order to create a successful sleep therapy program:
- Full-service DME division specializing in PAP therapy
- One-touch DME ordering
- 24-hour access to patient support team through structured compliance program
- Remote and in-person CPAP setup
- Real-time performance metrics reporting
- Efficient medical records management, scheduling, and patient follow-up
We are dedicated to providing the highest quality services to the patients we serve. Our services include sleep therapy, oxygen and nebulizers. Our highly qualified team provides 24-hour patient support and offers a wide variety of sleep therapy equipment and service solutions including a comprehensive patient compliance program to assure successful clinical outcomes.
Next Day Order (NDO) Protocol
Persante facilitate prompt treatment with CPAP therapy immediately after a patient has received their PAP titration study.
- This immediate access to therapy has demonstrated a significant improvement in patient compliance over traditional therapeutic services.
- The concept of initiating CPAP therapy upon leaving the sleep center provides a greater sense of urgency to the patient.
- Traditional PAP service providers often take weeks to initiate treatment resulting in lower patient compliance.
How it Works:
- The referring physician agrees to participate in the NDO protocol.
- NDO candidates are identified prior to their sleep study.
- Patient education is initiated by Polysomnographic Technologist as to the importance of commitment to therapy.
- Upon completion of the CPAP or Split Study, the patient will leave the sleep center with CPAP equipment in the auto-pap mode, pending study interpretation results.
- Implementation of PAP Compliance Program begins.
- Upon completion of the study interpretation, an order is sent to Persante Continuing Care with the prescribed CPAP settings.
- The settings will then be adjusted per physician order.
- All CPAP equipment is dispensed with wireless modem technology.
- This provides routine event monitoring.
- Pressure and setting changes can be made as soon as prescribed by the physician.
- Compliance data is available to assure that the patient qualifies for therapy.
- During data review, physician will be contacted if clinical intervention is warranted.
Home Delivery Remote Setup (HDRSU) Program
Persante ships the prescribed PAP unit directly to the patient. At the patient’s convenience, the assigned Sleep Coach instructs the patient on PAP setup remotely over the phone.
- This convenient service allows the patient to control when and where their PAP therapy is implemented.
- Allows certified sleep coaches to deliver hands-on instruction remotely to the patient.
- This approach is proven to satisfy both patients and physicians as a means to start PAP therapy.
- The HDRSU Program is paired with the structured compliance program, PAMS (Patient Adherence Management Service).
How it works:
- After the patient is prescribed PAP, the referring physician sends the script to Persante.
- Persante will contact the patient to register and schedule the patient for the HDRSU Program.
- When the patient receives the PAP unit, the patient will schedule the Remote Setup at their convenience.
- The assigned Sleep Coach will call the patient during the scheduled time to walk the patient through the PAP setup remotely.
- The Sleep Coach will make adjustments to the PAP remotely during setup.
- When the setup is complete, the new PAP patient is automatically enrolled in the structured compliance program, PAMS (Patient Adherence Management Service).
- The PAP setup is performed by a certified sleep coach.
- Changes to the PAP unit can be made during remote setup.
- Satisfies the patient’s need for convenient self-scheduling and hands-on instructions.
- The patient is automatically enrolled in the structured compliance program, PAMS (Patient Adherence Management Service).
Patient Adherence Management Service (PAMS): Compliance Program
Persante launched the Patient Adherence Management Service (PAMS), developed by Philips Respironics, to drive usage and acceptance of PAP therapy. This structured compliance program is proven to raise the PAP compliant rate for patients.
- Structured patient protocol developed to drive PAP usage and acceptance.
- Outreach services to engage with patients to support PAP therapy.
- Individual Sleep Coach assigned to support and assist patient with PAP therapy.
How it works:
- PAP patients are enrolled in PAMs after they setup their CPAP device with Persante’s Sleep Coach.
- The Sleep Coach personally contacts the patient within the first 5 days of CPAP use.
- All of the patient’s CPAP information is transmitted through the wireless modem and securely stored in the database.
- The Sleep Coach reviews the information and mentors the patients on their personal CPAP.
- The Sleep Coach manages the patient’s CPAP practice and engages with the patient several times to motivate continued CPAP usage.
- All patient/Sleep Coach interactions are recorded and reported to both the DME and physician.
- Based on the patient’s needs, the Sleep Coach will recommend masks and additional accessories to acquire comfort.
- The patient will feel empowered to commit to a lifetime of compliance through this program.
- Through PAMS’s structured protocol, patients are more likely to become compliant within the first 30-days.
- Continuous communication with both the DME and physician to better support the PAP patient’s needs.
- Patients are well educated on the benefits of PAP therapy and continued usage.
- Lifetime of compliance support.